Tulum Xtreme Excursion





I traveled to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico in 2014 and it was one of the best vacations I have had.

There are many things to do in Playa Del Carmen. I plan to go again and do all the other activities I did not do.

One of the tours I went on (which I bought before arriving on playdelcarmen.com) was Tulum Xtreme.  Tulum Xtreme was one of the best days of my life!

We started off the day repelling (which I have never done!). Honestly, I was so scared when they showed us how high we would be repelling and my boyfriend was freaking out. In my head I kept repeating to myself, “why did I sign up for this”! Once I was at the top, I was deciding to walk back down, but then I told myself I needed to at least try this once. How could I back out after all this! So I did it! It was so much fun and my body was full of adrenaline! I would not mind doing it again! The hardest part was letting go in the beginning, after that it was easy. Also, the group we were with were fantastic! We cheered each other on!



After that rush we went zip lining! We did three in a row and each one got higher! I now love zip lining! I felt like I was flying! I could see the whole jungle! It was my boyfriend’s first time (he was screaming the whole time!).



After that, we headed to the magical and beautiful cenote! A cenote is a sinkhole resulting from the collapse of limestone bedrock that exposes underground water. Cenotes were considered sacred places and sometimes even performed Mayan sacrifice offerings. These waters are fresh and no fish are in the water.



It was truly amazing and refreshing to be able to swim in the cenote. Through my goggles I could see the beauty of the rocks, and deeper caves under. Truly, a once in a lifetime experience.
Then it was lunch. The food was a wonderful buffet style meal. They had basically everything; chicken, guacamole, mashed potatoes, tortillas, salad, corn, etc.

After lunch they drove us to Tulum. We went on a tour to view the ancient Mayan Ruins of Tulum. The place was beautiful. There were palm trees everywhere, shining sun, and even a beach. It is the only ruin near water. We walked down some stairs to the best beach I have been too! The waves were beautiful. There were people riding the waves because of how strong and consistent they would come. Truly an amazing place! I highly recommend taking this excursion if you are planning on visiting this part of Mexico!







1 comment:

SOCIAL

Search This Blog

Instagram

Popular Posts

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Blogroll